Cunninghams Funeral Directors has been in business serving greater Dublin since the 1920's. The present company has evolved from the original family business "Cunningham Brothers" set up by three brothers Robert, Andrew and John. The brothers were already trading as Kellystown Sawmills based in Clonsilla Village who, among other things, were coffin manufacturers transporting their products throughout the country on the Royal Canal.
Robert (Rory) and Oliver (Ollie) took over the business in 1969. The business was incorporated in 1979 becoming Cunninghams Funerals Ltd with Rory as Managing Director. In 1984 they opened their second Funeral Home in Lucan Village which was the first purpose built Funeral Home in Dublin. In 1993 Robert passed away suddenly and the company passed to his wife Nuala and their four sons Ian, Robert (Robin), Michael and Andrew. The company continued to expand opening its third Funeral Home in Celbridge in the restored Methodist Church. Oliver retired from the business in 1999 after many years of service.
Since the passing of Rory in 1993, Robin has become Managing Director and continues to move the company forward while keeping the family run ethic at it's heart. In 2013 Cunninghams opened it's fourth Funeral Home in Blanchardstown Village by restoring the old Parochial House. Our fourth generation began in 2010 when Eadaoin Cunningham joined the team followed by Zoe Cunningham in 2013.